The integrity of your personal data is vital for Seco Tools AB and its group of global subsidiaries (hereinafter referred to as “Seco,” as applicable), and therefore, we welcome the strict protection of your personal data, as EU and EEA residents, that the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires.
Whether you are a valued Customer, Supplier, Commercial or Administrative Intermediary, a Digital Registrant, a Physical Registrant, a Digital Visitor or finally, a Facility Visitor, it’s important to us that you feel safe about how we treat your personal data.
Accordingly, we outline below what types of personal data we collect from you, why, and what happens to your data while in our care. We also explain your rights under the GDPR and give you contact details in case you have any questions or requests about your data.
To understand what legal ground we rely on for each of the purposes described below, you are informed at the point of data collection where you will also be referred to this Privacy Statement. Regarding retention periods, we store personal data only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer storage period is required for legitimate reasons, required by law or as necessary to justify or defend a legal claim. If you gave your consent for the use of your data, you may withdraw that consent at any time, and we will stop using your data.
If you navigate our websites, you will find specific and applicable Cookie Information. This Seco Privacy Statement applies solely to the personal data of EU and EEA residents collected by Seco Tools.
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our websites. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Seco is not responsible for the practices of these third-party websites and so your use of those websites will be in accordance with their privacy policies.
We consider you as a:
Customer if you or the company you work for has purchased our products or services;
Supplier if you work for one of our many supplier companies from whom we purchase goods and services;
Commercial or Administrative Intermediary if you work for one of our many distributors or other intermediaries such as our agents and customs brokers;
Digital Registrant if you, for example, use our websites to: 1) request information about our products or services; 2) register for newsletters or Seco sponsored events; 3) apply to any Seco subscriptions or community forums; 3) or respond to survey or marketing communication;
Physical Registrant if you register with us in person at any of our events;
Digital Visitor if you navigate our websites without registering as described under Digital Registrant;
Facility Visitor if you visit any of our offices or facilities in the EU or EEA (European Union and European Economic Area)
Please be aware that you may appear in multiple categories as described above, depending on your relationship and activities with Seco. For example, you may be considered a Customer, a Digital Registrant and a Facility Visitor if you purchased our products, filled in one of our web forms and visited a Seco site at some point in time.
We recognize that information privacy is an ongoing responsibility, and so we will update this Privacy Notice as we undertake new personal data practices or adopt new privacy policies from time to time.
This policy is intended to help you understand:
What information is being collected and how is it collected?
Why is it being collected and how will it be used?
Who will it be shared with?
How long do we keep the information?
How can you access and control your personal data?
1. What information is being collected and how is it collected?
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
Content you provide through our website: The Services include our websites owned or operated by us. We collect other content that you submit to these websites, which also include social media or social networking websites operated by us. We collect information about where you were on the Internet when you gave us your contact information and the material you downloaded from our website. Information about the Seco community blog or chat forums you participated in. For example, you provide content to us when you provide feedback or when you participate in any interactive features, surveys, contests, promotions, activities or events.
Device and Connection Information: We collect information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Services. This device information includes your connection type and settings when you install, access, update, or use our Services. You indirectly provide it to us. The primary way that this occurs is through automatic data collection technologies that collect statistical (non-personal) information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns to provide details about:
- Traffic data
- browser type/version
- operating system in use
- referrer URL (the page previously visited)
- host name of the accessing device (IP address)
- time of the server request
- page from which the file was requested
- date and time of the request
- volume of data transmitted
We use your IP address and/or country preference in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better Service experience. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
Information that is aggregate, de-identified or otherwise not capable of revealing your identity (“Other Information”).
- Organizational data (such as which company and department you work in)
- Contract data (such as sales/purchase orders, shipment address or return to address), billing information, and other information collected under our customer and supplier contracts
- Learning/training records (such as training attendance, completion of learning activities, competence data, qualifications)
- Individual preferences (such as language)
- Service and warranty data (such as Repair and service history and claims)
- Travel data (such as visa and passport information, travel costs, itinerary) if we have an arrangement of travel to Seco sites and events, including arrangement of Visas
2. Why is it being collected and how will it be used?
Our primary goal in collecting personal data from you is to give you an enjoyable customised experience whilst allowing us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs.
We collect certain personal data from you for an efficient marketing to understand what products and services information you would be interested in receiving from us. However, we also give you the option to access our Website’s home pages without subscribing or registering or disclosing your personal data.
Some of your personal data collected may be used by us to contact you by email, fax, telephone and/or post for sending information or promotional material on our products and/or services and/or those of our other group companies.
We give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing communications and will in certain circumstances need to obtain your consent before sending such communications to you. Further detail can be found on the applicable Site and in each marketing communication sent by us, our group companies or service providers.
If you are a customer, Supplier or a Commercial and Administrative Intermediary we will collect data for the financial control to assess credit and payment history, facilitate payments; to fulfill anti-money laundering obligations; and to manage rebates and refunds.
In addition, if needed, we collect data for the facilitation of order management, shipment and warranty and the administration of service level agreements
3. Who will it be shared with?
Seco Tools does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal data to outside parties except as provided below based on Seco’s legitimate interests to provide you with the high quality, useful products and services you have come to expect from Seco. We may transfer your data outside the EU and EEA only if we have assured an adequate level of protection in the receiving country such as through the Seco intra-group data transfer agreement, the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses with third parties or as otherwise required under national data protection law.
- We may share data about Digital Visitors, Customers and Registrants to our website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our websites, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep your personal data confidential. More detail about this can be found at our specific Cookie Information pages.
- A Seco company may share data about a Digital Visitor, Facility Visitor, Customer, Registrant, or Supplier with another Seco company if necessary to respond to you.
- We may share data about Digital Visitors, Facility Visitors, Customers and Digital or Physical Registrants within the Sandvik group and with Sandvik business partners like authorized resellers or distributors so they can market and sell relevant Sandvik products and services to you, and so that we may jointly host product demonstrations and other events for you.
- We may have to release information about Digital Visitors, Facility Visitors, Customers, Suppliers, or Digital and Physical Registrants to the appropriate authorities or other relevant third parties in order to enforce our privacy policies, or to protect Seco’s rights, property, or safety. We may also have to release your data to government authorities when a legal obligation compels us to.
We may employ the services of third party service providers to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting, maintenance, call centre operation. In some cases the third party may receive your information. However, at all times, we will control and be responsible for the use of your information.
We may use aggregated information so we can administer and improve our website, analyse trends, gather broad demographic information and detect suspicious or fraudulent transactions. We may pass this information to third parties.
If your company provide a credit or debit card, we may also use third parties to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud as well as to process any transaction you attempt via the website.
Transfer outside the EEA (European Economic Area)
Services of Seco Tools are accessible globally so collection and transmission of personal data is not always limited to one country. Seco Tools may transfer your personal data, for the purposes listed above, to other group companies, service providers or other third parties, which may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area, whose laws may not give the level of protection to personal data as within the European Union.
Seco Tools Servers are located in
- Sweden, Fagersta
- North Central US, Illinois
- West Europe, Netherlands, Amsterdam
- East Asia, Hong Kong
https://secoconsultancy.com is hosted with Loopia AB
In addition it will include transfers to third parties who provide us with email and marketing services. Where we conduct any transfers we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Third party applications are:
- Google, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
- Social Plug-Ins
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
- Instagram LLC Attn: Instagram Designated Agent 1601 Willow Road Menlo Park, California 94025
- Twitter Inc. 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107
- LinkedIn Corporation, Mountain View, California, United States
- MaxMind 14 Spring Street, 3rd Floor Waltham, MA 02451, USA
- Webrolpol, Finland (Head office), Huovitie 3, 00400 Helsinki
- Simplycast, 73 Tacoma Drive, Floor 4, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada B2W 3Y6
- eGenerator, Relation & Brand AB, Stora Nygatan 33, 111 27 Stockholm, Sweden
- E-Space Communication AB, Karlbergsvägen 22, 113 27 Stockholm, Sweden
- Active Campaign, 222 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 810, Chicago, IL 60606, United States
4. How long do we keep the information?
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information. We store personal information only for as long as this is necessary for the mentioned purposes. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information.
5. How can you access and control your personal data?
You have the right to know what data Seco holds about you, have access to that information and have it corrected if inaccurate or out of date. You can also object to our use of data about you and/or that our use of your data be limited. In some cases, you may require us to completely erase your data from all our files. Additionally, you also have the right to receive your data in a machine-readable format and have the data transferred to another company. To exercise any of these rights, please visit our Privacy portal.
If we collected personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of Seco marketing emails or web forms.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the government authority charged with protecting your personal data rights. This could be:
1) the Swedish Data Inspection Board which regulates Seco AB, the parent company of the Seco group of companies
2) the government regulator in the country of the Seco company that collected your data; or
3) the regulator in the country where you believe a violation of your personal data rights occurred.
If you wish to change your information, you are welcome to contact Seco Tools AB by writing an email to [email protected]
Opt out of communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your email preferences within your Service account settings menu, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database.
Turn off Cookie Controls: How you can turn off the Cookie control is discribed in the section “Cookies”.
Send “Do Not Track” Signals: Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our Services do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. You can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, including the ability to opt out of receiving marketing from us as described above.
The Controller of your data is the Seco group company that initially collected your data and decided the purposes and means for using your data.
Your trust is important to us. If you have any questions or comments related to the processing of your personal data, or any questions that this privacy statement was not able to answer, or if you would like to receive more detailed information on a particular point you are welcome to contact a privacy officer at the Privacy portal at Sandvik AB.
Seco Tools AB
SE-73782 FAGERSTA, Sweden
Telephone +46 223 40000
Telefax +46 223 71860
Org no: 556071-1060
E-mail: [email protected]